DID MATT SIEGEL QUIT MATTY

 Updated : May 20, 2021

Matty in the Morning has been on since 1981 and has become a staple show for Boston residents in the mornings.

But Wednesday’s edition (May 19th, 2021) has left some listeners wondering what happened to host Matt Siegel after he stormed off the Kiss 108 show.

So, what happened on Matty in the Morning? Here’s the situation involving Demi Lovato explained.

Boston radio host Matt Siegel is the host of Matty in the Morning, a morning segment show on radio station Kiss 108.

During Wednesday’s episode (May 19th), Siegel appeared to quit as host after he was told to stop speaking about Demi Lovato who came out as non-binary.

Speaking on air, Siegel said: “They pulled the plug on me and they said you cannot talk about what you’re talking about. Again, I like my boss personally… It’s not personal. It’s professional.”

“So I’m ending my portion of the radio show right now,” the host continued. “I don’t know… I just want to say, I love my listeners. I love you, and it’s been a hell of a run, but I think it’s coming to an end.”

Demi Lovato came out as non-binary and revealed that they use the pronouns they/them from now on.

Comments